Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer of Fun

After reading several friend's facebook blogs, I decided to join in the fun. Peyton is changing so much, this should be a fun way to record and share her growth!

We began this summer with a trip to the Georgia Aquarium. Their advertising during Braves games paid off, everytime she saw the octopus she would say, "I want to go there". So off we went. She had a blast, although it was a little crowded, which was to be expected for a Saturday afternoon.






She continued to take ballet at Alice Depass through June, and attended a mini-camp in July. She really loves dance, and I can tell she is getting better at listening, following directions, and even some of the basic ballet techniques as well. The picture is from earlier this year, but you can see how much she loves it!

Of course our big trip this summer was a week at Walt Disney World. I knew that she was on the border line of being "too young", so I was sure to research and plan out things that were age appropriate for her, including leaving plenty of time for naps each day. My parents went with us to help out, and Peyton had a BLAST. She loved all the characters, rode lots of rides (Dumbo, Tea Cups, Go-Karts, Carousel, Peter Pan's Flight, It's a Small World, etc.), went on the Animal Kingdom Safari twice, and got a lots of swimming in each day. All that planning (which was some what compulsive at times) paid off every day as she lit up with excitement.







She's also had playdates with many of her friends from "school". It is so exciting to see her begin to form friendships and interact with kids her age. Here she is at Peyton Dobbs' birthday party. Her mom, Kristal, and I joke, "headlock or hug?".


With less than three weeks left before school starts back, the summer has again gone by too fast. Peyton will turn 3 August 1, and as I look back, I can't believe how much she has grown, or imagine how life was before her.


1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, Ashley! I hope you'll enjoy blogging as much as I do. Clever name, too!! Love, Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete