Friday, July 17, 2009

Pey-isms

Peyton continues to come up with her own way of getting her point across, or more frequently, getting what she wants. She is such a little sponge right now, taking in everything that she sees and hears, I don't know why I'm surprised at the things that come out of her mouth. I thought I would take a moment to list a few

meatball- perhaps the most famous to our family and friends. During those wonderful potty training days, Jordan once referred to her poop as a meatball, once is all it took. Now no matter where we are, she's quick to inform me "I've gotta make a meatball". Now it has even evolved into "I've got two meatballs in there, one is big and one is little". I have to apologize to her daycare friends because some of them have picked up on it as well! Not to mention the fact that she gets extremely grossed out at the mention of spaghetti and meatballs or meatball subs. Oops! Hoping it's just a phase!

"Here mom, here's a Diet Coke, you're cranky"- Last fall, when she was barely two, already she could pick up on my moods! We were getting ready to leave the house, and I was scrambling as usual. Peyton dug in the refridgerator, hoping to appease me, offered up a Diet Coke, I told her I didn't need a Diet Coke, she said, "Yes you do, you're cranky" I took it!

Behiney- This one covers just about everything. From "you a behiney" to "Old McDonald had a BEHINEY" to just a random "behiney" shout out when she is bored. Just like the meatball, she has no discretion on where or when this is used. I would scold her, but she doesn't mean it ugly at all, and she always accompanies it with a sly grin and look up, like she knows how cute she is.

Booty drop- The credit for this one goes to Uga. As the name implies, she stands up and booty drops wherever she may be. It started out on Uga's belly in the living room floor and has continued onto beds, floats in the pool, and trampolines. Can't wait to hear what they have to say about that one at gymnastics.

very=really- She knows that very means a lot, she's just not sure how to use it yet. Whenever she wants something now it's "I very need ______(bubbles, food, etc.) I very very do". Unfortunately, this usually ends with her getting whatever it is she just "very needs".

I'm sure I will think of more, but these are definitely her favorite and most frequenlty used. We're about to go eat at a sushi/hibachi restaraunt, let's hope there is no mention of meatballs or booty drops while we're there, if so, I guess I could just direct them to my blog for the explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment